Sunday, September 21, 2008

Butterflies to our garden


The butterflies have finally come to our garden! I've had this bizarre desire to attract butterflies to our garden and so maybe 2 or 3 years ago, Adam bought me a butterfly bush for mother's day. Well, we left it out in the store container too long and it died. Then last year maybe...?...Adam surprised me with a garden in our front yard and he planted this butterfly bush over in the corner. It was pretty sick last year and we thought that we might lose it. But we didn't! It's now a beautiful bush and finally we now have butterfly visitors - hooray!
PS If you know the difference between butterflies and moths and this one is a moth - just keep it to yourself because I like to believe that it is a beautiful butterfly. :)

3 comments:

joeandcarole said...

Wow! That is amazing. I don't think it could possibly be a moth...we'd call it a butterfly in California, and so so beautiful.
I love the gorgeous purple color too.
Love you...

Sandy said...

I just figure that if its pretty, its a butterfly...and if its not, it can be a moth:)

Papa Doc said...

The bushes you have in your front yard are always nice looking- I'm glad this one survived. That's a very nice photo, by the way.
Mom C.