Sunday, May 05, 2013

For Sale

We had a huge sale yesterday at Chelsey and Brent's barn.  What did we sell, you ask?  Most of our belongings.  We have wanted to do it for some time now, but we've dragged our feet a bit.  But yesterday we finally did it and we found much success.  There were a lot of people there and we sold a lot of our stuff.  Whatever is left we will sell next week at our next and final sale. 
We did this for 2 reasons.  1.  We have felt promptings to do this for some time now.  2.  We just don't have the storage room to continue to store everything.  We have to fit our belongings into 2 storage units (instead of the 4 that we've currently been using) and there is just no way everything will fit in just 2. 
Yesterday was an emotional day.  Adam was much braver than I.  He sold all of his tools, and if you know Adam you know that he loved his tools.  That part breaks my heart a little.  And at the end of the day as we spoke about our experience he told me that through it all he wasn't sad but he was filled with gratitude. I didn't feel like that during the day, but as I pondered on his words I, too, was filled with gratitude.  Not because it was fun to sell all of our belongings, but because we have been so richly blessed.  We have witnessed so many miracles and so many tender mercies.  And I know that the Lord's hand is in our lives and for that I am so grateful. 

P.S. Thanks to Chelsey and Brent for being so patient with us and for allowing us to use their barn for so long. 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is a really a hard thing to do. I hope that your hearts feel okay and you continue to feel the peace you do now. Prayers are with your family that things will look up from here on out.

Team Clark said...

Thanks Michelle!