Saturday, May 11, 2013

Look Mom - no hands!

I think my mom will appreciate this.  I am learning how to buy clothes at 2nd hand stores and I kind of like it!  I've mostly had an issue with buying things second hand (clothes, couches, etc) if I didn't know where it was coming from.  Kind of grossed me out.  But recently I've bought some things for my kids at Kid to Kid (local 2nd hand kids store) and I bought a few shirts for myself at Plato's Closet (local adult 2nd hand store).  It's not bad.  I especially like the prices!  You have to be patient to dig around, but in some ways it's even better than buying at a regular store.  For instance, I needed some boy vests in specific colors and so I shopped at 2 different Kid to Kid's and I was able to find just what I was looking for.  You can find most colors at any time of the year - you don't have to wait for a certain season like you would at a regular retail store.
Anyways - this probably isn't a big deal to most people, but it kind of is for me.  I think I'm finally starting to grow up.

3 comments:

Papa Doc said...

Welcome to my world, Amy. I'm glad you were able to break that barrier. Some of the best things I've ever found have been in consignment stores. (Iowa City has the best in the world, I think!).
I LOVE your picture one the header of this blog. Jess did a great job. Everybody looks adorable.
Thanks for spending the afternoon/evening with us. We have missed you and the kids.
I liked that sense of peace you seemed to have today.

Michelle said...

I love your family picture!!! Awesome. Are there more? So dang cute. Yes Chris is right, Iowa City does have the BEST consignment stores around. Love them. If you do shop somewhere shady, just put the clothes in the dryer first to kill any "bed bugs or other critters" then wash them regular. Or if they are whites you can just wash them on hot and you will kill whatever was in the clothes if anything.

Team Clark said...

Okay - if we're ever in Iowa City, then we will shop the 2nd hand stores.
THere are a few more pics, but I haven't done anything with them yet. I'll send you guys an email with the link.