Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy 2009!

Happy New Year, everyone!
Last night Adam's brother, Lance, came over with his wife, Nancy, and we played 2 games - Scattergories and Settler's of Catan - and we ate a lot of food and drank a lot of Martinelli's. It was a lot of fun. I'm really glad that they came over to celebrate with us. The only unfortunate thing is that we forgot to take pictures!
But I've gotta say, staying up late isn't the same as it once was in my younger years! It makes me feel physically ill and this morning - same thing! The sick feeling never went away while I slept! I didn't think I was THAT old, but I guess I'm pushing it. :)
I hope everyone had a fun celebration and that you're all off to a good start so far this year!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Hey, at least you did something social...Jake and I started watching the newest Batman movie, then I decided that it was too gross for me (another sign I'm getting old) and so we watched Prince Caspian instead. Then I nursed the baby until just after midnight and went to bed. Heehaw:) We forgot to even break out the Martinelli's - we ate huge bowls of ice cream instead.

Brooke said...

I totally feel with you- except since having a baby, my schedule has actually switched to later instead of earlier. Except I am sure that will change with two kids!

LanceandNance said...

Thanks for inviting us over, we had a lot of fun too. We even brought a camera and didn't take pictures. Geez la weez.

Lance&Nance

Katie said...

I saw your blog off another blog. Your kids are getting so big! How fun.

joeandcarole said...

Sounds like a great New Years for you all.
You know that ours was interesting as we chaperoned the Stake Youth Dance/Party up in Atascadero. Now that was an experience we haven't had for a number of years.
The kids were all great, the leaders had wonderful snacks throughout the evening, until Dan W. took the M&M's off the table since he was on clean-up and the youth kept spreading them around (inadvertantly!).
I did get a headache from the deep loud boom-booms, but the yummy breakfast at 12:01+ was well worth the evening!
It ended up being a pretty late night after delivering the 4 girls we brought home, but it was nice sleeping in.
Happy New Year!
Love you,
Mom