Friday, July 20, 2012
Update on our lives
So, just a little update on our lives...
1) Amy is still pretty darn sick from pregnancy. It's a bit tough to keep up with everything at home, but we're doing ok. We want to thank Chelsey and her kids for coming over and helping clean one day and Jen for taking the kids for a while today. It is very appreciated!
2) Sam is now standing a lot and is a very funny boy. He loves getting into every drawer/cupboard he can and has already broken some items. He crawls all over the house and talks a lot (nothing understandable, of course). Oh, and he took his first steps this last week. He'll be walking around in no time.
3) The other kids are doing well, enjoying summer and a lot of time outside with friends.
4) Amy was released as the 16-17 yr old sunday school teacher and then called to be the activity days leader. Although I'm not sure how much of that will get done till she is feeling better.
5) We are still enjoying living in South Jordan. The house has been good for us, but we are still trying to get the basement organized. I finally have the garage mostly organized and under control. It's been a nice ward and a nice neighborhood.
6) I was called as the assistant deacons quorum adviser/assistant scout master. It has been lots of fun so far. We have a great group of boys. We spent 4 days a few weeks back up at Hyrum Reservoir boating, swimming, and having fun - this was our "scout camp" this year.
7) This week I made arrangements to leave my business, Kyazma Business Consulting. I am leaving the company and selling my shares in the company. It wasn't totally my choice or decision, but in the end, I believe this is going to be a huge blessing. I have worked on this business really hard for the past 2 years and it has been a really great learning experience. I leave Kyazma in good shape and in good hands. We have grown from 2 employees to 7 and revenues are going to hit nearly 1/2 a million this year, with a lot of great opportunities in the pipeline. This year we added clients like KSL (Desert Media), IHC, Megadyne, Huntsman Chemical, Lightspeed (ADP), Celtic Bank, Gluten Intolerance Group of America, the Reier Group, Sorenson Construction, Clyde Co, and many others. I am proud of the progress we made and the bright future the company has because of our efforts. Now I am ready for the next adventure. I do have a number of great options right now, and am close to finalizing my new chosen opportunity. I will let you know when that is finalized and what the opportunity is. It's going to be pretty exciting here. The nice part is that buy leaving my company, we are able to pay off some debt and make financial progress that we have wanted to make. Also, I will be able to transition upward in my career and into an industry that I am very excited about. It feels a little like coming home.
8) We are all working hard to be healthier and eat healthier. I have lost 35 pounds in the past 2 months and am already feeling a looking better. I have a long way to go, but we have a long way to go - if you know what I mean. This change has been good - and better than dieting, for sure. It's a good place to be headed.
9) I am blogging regularly now over on my blog, clarksystems.blogspot.com. Check it out if you want.
10) And lastly, look at this...we're updating our blog. hahaha.
Thanks to everyone's support and love. We love you back!