Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Blasted Strollers!

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a TERRIBLE time making decisions. Adam thinks I'm ridiculous because of it, too. So we've had money for a double stroller since October and I just haven't decided which one to get.
I decided I was just going to get this done and so after much deliberation this last week I decided to base my decision on price. So yesterday I went to babies r us and I bought a duo-glider (it was the cheapest of the options). I got it home and Adam put it together and Henry jumped in it to test it out. I promptly noticed that his head almost completely cleared the seat! For some reason this really bothered me. It just seems like kids should be able to rest their heads while they're in a stroller. I asked Adam if we should take it back and of course he said no because he hates to return things - he thinks that you should buy it when you're ready and then that's it. I'm much different. So the past 24 hours I've been going over and over it in my mind trying to decide what I should do. I called Graco and they said that the quattro-tour duo stroller has seats that are 2 inches taller than the duo-glider seats. So this morning the kids and I put the stroller in the car and we went back to babies r us. But even when I got there I just didn't know what I wanted to do! I'm a tortured soul, really. I just have so much anxiety over certain decisions. I'm not quite sure how I ever got married.
But long story...long still...I returned the duo glider and bought the quattro-tour duo and I left feeling very uncomfortable and unsure. But now that we're home and a few hours have past I am starting to calm down a bit.
The good news is that we now have a double stroller! And now I'm ready for spring so we can go on lots of walks. :)

7 comments:

V and Co. said...

i'm glad you like your stroller, it's very important that you like your stroller! now i just wish i was closer so we could go walk together! blasted distance!

Mike and Adrianne said...

We have a double stroller and I'm glad we have one. The boys love going for walks with us. Now that we are having number three we are going to have to use both of our strollers for walks though.

Papa Doc said...

I thought Henry walked. What do I know?
Dad Clark

Team Clark said...

Oh, Henry walks alright. He walks wherever he pleases! That's part of the problem...
Speaking of 3 kids for a stroller, can you imagine having a stroller that fit 3 kids? Now that would be crazy. I bet it would be so heavy!

chelsey said...

We had a couple that had triplets in our student married ward. They had a special triplet stroller that looked like 3 umbrella strollers hooked together. It was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen when those kids were taking a walk with their momma!

Sandy said...

I say good for you for returning it and getting another one...if you had used it all over Disneyland, THEN returned it...I'd say you stink, but just putting it together, you're good:) A stroller is something you want to be happy with - otherwise it'll bug you EVERY time you get it out and you won't want to go anywhere. We got a big double jogging stroller (side by side) and have been really happy with it. Its not as easy to maneuver in stores, since its really wide, but Heather and Josh STILL fit in it and they can lay back in it just fine.

Have fun walking!!

V and Co. said...

hey i got your message, kind of being a hermit for a week, then i think i'll take on life again! thanks for the call! miss ya!